I do not have an opinion. My field of expertise is microbes and chemical plant waste water treatment. My college Physics classes dealt with classical and mechanical physics, things like momentum and rotation of bodies and collisions of elastic and non-elastic bodies. We never got into Special or General Relativity, so I have no basis on which to make a judgement. Quantum mechanics was not discussed then in intro level Physics classes. So I have no background with which to form an opinion. I'm learning as I go along. Virtually all I know about Quantum Mechanics and General and Special Relativity I have learned on this forum. Einstein may have been a scurrilous scoundrel, I don't know. Nor do I care. It matters nothing to me what the man did to develop his theories, he put them out as a synthesis of many sources all gathered into one overarching, mathematically supported theory, which no one else at the time did. I reserve the right not to judge the man, I never knew him and I cannot say what he did or didn't do. I have not walked 10 miles in his moccasins, so I refrain from judging him.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose