Quote:
Originally the universe was a flat earth
- In the 1500's we progressed to earth centre of universe and sun and moon circling it.

Historically, I think you have fallen into the “Dark Ages” trap here. The idea that educated Europeans believed the Earth was flat until Columbus accidentally bumped into America is; like the idea of the Dark Ages; an invention of French and Italian Humanists who seemed to feel that there was not enough about the Church in the Middle Ages that they could criticise, and had to think up some extra bits. However, that’s an aside.

Quote:
QM is simply telling us the universe is even bigger and more complex than that, if by the universe you mean the term to encompass all known things.

You will recall that the way in which I use “Universe”, “universe” and “cosmos” is intended to avoid confusion as to what I might “mean the term to encompass”.

All I am saying is that if the cosmos were not eternal (infinite), there would still be nothing now.

Quote:
My problem with your conjecture is we can not even clearly define the universe and you worry about is it infinite or not ... to me thats a bit strange.

We don’t actually need to define the universe in order to conclude that something must always have existed, and this conclusion necessitates an infinity that does not lend itself to renormalization.

Outside science? Perhaps, but is it further out than strings, multiple universes and a multitude of extra dimensions?

There never was nothing.