Originally Posted By: Orac
... I lead a fairly sheltered life based upon my work and have no real experience with religion and religious people.
OK. Therefore, I will assume that you at least try to be a moral and ethical person. Agreed? BTW, where and what is your work, teaching?

If so, keep in mind that the sincere intention to be s moral person is the basis of all good religion. You say that you have no experience with religious people. But you do have experience with me--our writing back and forth here at SAGGO is the evidence. Agreed? smile BTW, To get the smile, I do this : then I add this )

In my opinion, G.0.D. is that which, in macro form, is outside the material, or physical, universe--like a bird with an egg inside it. At the same time, G.0.D., in the micro form, is the egg of energy vibrating inside every physical atom in us and in other objects.

I suspect that the LHC may find a non-particle-like force. However, if all that it finds is just another particle called the god particle, that is all it will be, another particle. G.0.D. is not a particle.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org