Originally Posted By: Bill
The idea that matter is continuously forming from nothing is a key point of the Steady State Universe (SSU) which I mentioned in a reply on the Earth Expansion thread.

Look here at Wiki for a discussion of the Steady State Universe.

As mentioned in the Wiki article the idea has been pretty much discredited, because the Big Bang Theory explains the observations so much better than the SSU. In fact the SSU proponents basically gave up the fight when the Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) was discovered in the 1960s. The CMB had been postulated based on theoretical studies of the Big Bang and its discovery was a major impetus towards acceptance of the Big Bang.

I recognize this already but disagree with the interpretations of the CMB personally. The CMB is assumed to represent heat generated from the initial energy from the big bang they expected. But the phenomena must exist in many alternate scenarios. In my view, it is likely the even more distant galaxies energy from further off in the background we are witnessing. Due to its distance, we cannot witness waves in its regular wave lengths but only remnants of those past the gamma spectrum that have stretched significantly slow enough. I would predict as much and more.

Originally Posted By: Bill
As to assuming that physical laws are different in other parts of the universe, why should we? There have been no observations that are incompatible with the assumption that the physical laws we observe are not the same elsewhere, so there is no reason to assume that they are different.

I don't know what you interpreted as me saying here or what you are saying. Big Bang theory assumes an evolution of its physical laws through time. That is what I was referring to. For example, they believe that the forces were all one force and evolved into four distinct ones through time; they believe that the rate of expansion accelerated rapidly at first and then slowed down to its apparent velocity. I find this incredulous thinking. But then again, even physicists can't seem to escape religious, cultural, or social mindsets of the time. If they induce something that seems incredulous, they should step back and question how they are interpreting their observations instead of assuming that their interpretations of their observations are infallible. The reality is is that these physicists admire this outcome emotionally for religious, social, or whatever reasons and easily accept it.