Originally Posted By: Revlgking

Surely, there must be researchers interested in studying the social and health values of health-promoting spiritual principles of the great religions to see if they really do work and can help us be healthier. If pneumatological principles actually do work, think of the billions of dollars, not to mention the suffering and pain, that could be saved by all of us.

I understand what you are saying Rev but they are medical, political issues and nothing to do with science.

Placebo effects are well known as well the postive thinking results be we don't study them as a science for the same reason.

Generally science is defined as "knowledge covering general truths of the operation of general laws obtained and tested through scientific method and concerned with the physical world."

Spiritualty, God, Religion, Placebo affects etc are well outside the bounds of science.

I understand what you are saying Rev and probably agree with it to some extent, but I am simply pointing out this is probably outside this area of the forum it probably is a discussion for the Not_quite_science forum.

I did find the articles and thoughts interesting but won't go into discussion here for the above reason.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.