LOL yeah did I really write that .. must have been daydreaming

There is no non-inertial or zero frame for space which is the same as Newtonian absolute space frame.

Does that make sense now :-)

Wasn't really that important you go the important part in GR time is an abstract arbitrary thing. You can coincident it your local concept of time but GR doesn't really care about your time hence that sort of evolving time is not part of GR.

Getting back to the original problem now contrast that to QM, it needs a definite absolute version of time. Thats what leads to bells inequality and all the dramas.

Imagine entangle a particle take one of the partciles and accelerate it so GR/SR time changes all hell breaks loose for QM. Think of a particle near the event horizon of a black hole huge problem for QM.

The moment you accept QM stuff is real its not just a fancy mathematical description, time as seen between GR and QM definitions is a HUGE deal.

BTW if we got you to that point Bill here is the next obvious step. Entangle two partciles and we start changing the QM information of it at a known period. Now take one of the entangled particles and accelerate it very fast.
Now does the QM change occur simulataneously for both particles and if it does this means the accelerating particle can now act a reference clock to the original frame ... is it possible :-)

Last edited by Orac; 09/02/11 03:38 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.