“Why am I even talking to this man? We occupy different universes.”

That concerns me, given your background (psychiatry?) I hope that this isn’t a diagnosis.

It occurs to me that of all the sciences; that psychology is so bound to causal relationships in practice that it’s not even funny. Sure, remediation techniques are the other half of it but without proper analysis it wouldn’t be methodical. Whereas an engineer can opt to employ interative processes from his bag of tricks…for you, it was probably a last resort. Also, on occasions an engineer needs to reverse engineer an existing product while for you it was a mainstay. I can only imagine that you were pretty good at it and you probably helped a lot of people.

You have said that you are no scientist but I think that you have been one all along.

My thought processes are unconventional and at times it probably seems like I left the science of epistemology fall to the wayside. I can only assure you that; to me, it doesn’t seem to be the case.

The respect and awe that I have for the great minds of the past like Newton, Maxwell and Einstein is immeasurable. So is my irreverence. This is not driven by ego and arrogance. I honor them by attempting to stand on their shoulders to see a little more. That fact that I don’t agree with them 100% is merely a consequence of progress.

I don’t know why you talk to me…I only know why I talk to you. You’re smart, clever, curious…you think outside the box, your abstract capacity is through the roof, you aspire, you’re always polite, you practice epistemology… what’s not to like?

BTW, what do you see when you look at the above graph?

Good atmosphere and good conversation...that's the best.