"Kirby, I don't quite get what you are saying here. First you are saying that the universe is analog, then you are saying it is digital. Now you have me confused."

Take an oscilloscope. Attach the probe to the output of an AND gate. Reduce the time base so that you can “zoom in”. Observe the transition from a low to a high (0-5V). You will see a slope. This is the analog component that comprises the digital signal. Ideally the signal would be a perfect square wave no matter how short the time base. But it isn’t because all realized digital systems are built from analog. The AND gate itself is a solid-state device with multiple p-n(-p) junctions (transistors, analog devices) that tries to emulate or idealize a digital component. As a retired electronics engineer this has to be something that you knew already.

Is the concept of digital from analog so strange that it can’t be applied to anything else? One time I hit a “home run” when I applied digitization to a chemical polymer application and it had nothing to do with electronics.

The universe is like a logic gate hardware device…an analog/ digital hybrid...(perhaps)