Hi kallog,

I talk about three aspects.

1) This experiment is that at the same time China and Japan send electromagnetic waves to each other through the synchronous satellite. The results showed that electromagnetic waves reach the other side but the time is different. This is considered Sagnac effect by the Earth's rotation.

2) MMX tells us the time difference should be zero.
Yes, I agree.
The accuracy of MMX can only reach 1000 meters per second, while the linear velocity of earth rotation is only 460 meters per second. Therefore, MMX can not detect the linear velocity of earth rotation.
But there are more accurate experiments, why they can not detect the linear velocity of earth rotation? Perhaps they are not as high accuracy?

3) Here I would like to correct a misconception that Sagnac effect has nothing to do with the area of the enclosed loop.
Have you read Professor Ruyong Wang's paper?
http://web.stcloudstate.edu/ruwang/PLA312.pdf
http://web.stcloudstate.edu/ruwang/PRL93.pdf
His experiments proved that Sagnac effect also exists for linear motion. He proved that Sagnac effect depends on v and L, rather than omega and A.
If v and L unchanged, even A = 0, Sagnac effect remain unchanged.

My paper also said:
We know that Sagnac effect value is t = 2vL / (c^2 - v^2 ).
where L is the length of circular arc between two points, v is linear velocity ( v = omega * R ), omega is angular velocity, and R is radius.
It seems that Sagnac effect value t is proportional to angular velocity omega , but it should be paid special attention to the fact that it is also proportional to radius R . Although the angular velocity of earth revolution was much less than that of earth rotation, the earth revolution’s radius R was much larger than earth rotation’s radius r . Sagnac effect value t is proportional to the product of angular velocity omega and radius R , named linear velocity.
The linear velocity of earth revolution (30km·s-1) was much larger than that of earth rotation (0.46km·s-1), whereas the length ( L ) of circular arc between two points (distance between China and Japan) was invariant so that the Sagnac effect produced by earth revolution was much larger than that produced by earth rotation.

However the experiment tell us that it was not.

Someone believe that the ethers on the Earth surface gyrate together around Sun by the dragging of the Earth, but aren't synchronous with the Earth rotation. I agree with it.

Best Regards
Xinwei Huang

Last edited by HXW; 03/31/10 08:25 AM.