Originally Posted By: Ellis
Rev- Can't resist it! Here we go again!

Go ahead, Ellis: Have fun and tell it like you feel it is. I trust you realize that what you write is pure dogma of your making. Without any evidence you offer us the "truth" smile according to Ellis. You write:

"There is no god, none at all, not even in whatever mysterious ways he/she/it/state of being or unbeing believers place him/her/etc in. (Gosh covering all bases makes for a very convoluted sentence)."

I get your point ... And I hope I appreciate how you feel about life, and what it means to you. In my humble opinion, it does not mean very much...Certainly not in the way of longevity. Quality, yes; but not in quantity. I want both.

Meanwhile, I assume you are willing to accept that each of us is responsible for our own philosophy of life. Here is my rant:

My rant is--and I admit that, at this point, I have no hard evidence--only a hypothesis: The good life not just one of quality; it is also one of quantity, duration.

I readily admit: I want life to be an eternal experience, not just a blip in time. For me, and for a host of others: Death is not the goal of life. The goal of life, like that of evolution, is more and more interesting forms of life--enabling us to explore planets in this and other galaxies.

You continue:
"There is no more, just as until our birth as an individual we were nothing. Then we came from nothing and we will return to nothing. It's a bit confronting, but sensible when you work it out." When you work it out, I am interested in seeing the evidence for your "dogma".

Sensible to you, perhaps, but not to me; and for billions of others.

"Now get on with the rest of your life." you say.

Me? I am approaching 80. Recently, I was diagnosed with serious prostate cancer. How long would you guess is the "rest" of my life?

BTW, when I die--as we all will, eventually--I do not want to "rest"; I want the life and energy to have new adventures in being. Do you just want to rest? From my "dogmatic" point of view: Don't count on it. You have too much fight in you just to "rest in peace".

You continue:
"And one thing I do believe (!) is that the molecules and bits and pieces that I am reduced to after death will enter the big circle of life, because that is an observable everyday happening in Nature.

You interject: "Holo-whatever- sounds like the other philosophy you used to like."

I still like unitheism. Holotheism is not contrary to unitheism. Like the wings of a bird, it compliments it. At www.wondercafe.ca I write, in detail, about how this is so. Feel free to look in an offer your very interesting point of view.

Thanks for the enjoyable and honest dialogue. May we always agree to disagree, agreeably. In the final analysis: What will be, WILL BE!

With Sincere AGAPE/Love!

And I mean it!

The Rev!

Last edited by Revlgking; 03/31/09 10:48 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org