Hi Samwik

nice to hear from you again.

I know it sounds far fetched , but nothing else could be causing the cooling.

I think of the earth as what we think of it to be , a big oval shaped ball of magma with a very thin solid crust on top and a solid metal center.

and in my mind , I think of the decrease of pressure reaching all the way to the core , where the heat is generated.

and I think of the pressure and friction being the reason that heat is generated.

before the ice began to melt there was more pressure pressing down on the northern and southern most poles of the core.

and this pressure causing heat as the faster spinning core rubbed against the slower spinning magma.

since the earth is completely physical , I think that the earth is subject to physics.

more pressure more heat transfered into the magma.

less pressure less heat transfered into the magma.

it might take a year or so for the temperature differences to affect the crust and the oceans but they would be affected.

Im not saying that the full effect will be felt in a year or so , in fact it may take a decade or longer for the crust to feel the full effect of any lowered temperatures due to de-pressurization.

one point I would like to stress is that releasing the pressure might cause the core to spin even faster , but not as fast as it would spin if the pressure release were along the cores equator.

the reason fo this is strictly the amount of friction area at the poles and at the equator of the core.

did you know that the earth used to spin much faster than it does today , and the gravity of the moon (which was much closer then) slowed the earths rotation through the attraction and friction of massive tidal waves as high as thousands of feet high.

probably the reason the core spins faster today than the rest of the earth.

does this make any sence to you?

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.