OK - I can't stand it any more.

Paul, please provide one, just ONE, reference that suggests melting ice caps is currently causing "depressurization" of the globe, and resulting in global air temperatures returning to normal (the globe is not experiencing "coolness"). Heck, it doesn't even have to be a published paper, even a weblink will do.

If you can't - please stop posting this rubbish. It has absolutely nothing to do with science, and it makes everybody dumber just reading it.

Melbourne will experience arctic like weather? Good grief.
Here's some current arctic weather http://www.climate.weatheroffice.ec.gc.c...nth=1&Day=5
-26oC, with -40oC wind chill.
I'm willing to put money on the line, saying Melbourne will never see these temperatures. Care to take me up on that bet? $1000, $10,000, $100,000?? Whadda say?
Let's see how sure you are about your crazy ramblings.

Originally Posted By: paul

Thanks for the reply , yes Climate Change is a more descriptive label to use for now , with Global Warming being the underlying cause of the extreme Climate Changes.

the coolness you are experiencing will not last as it is due to depressurization , as the pressure reduction from the melting of ice ceases then the effects of Global Warming will begin to show its full impact on the climate.

as it stands today , there is still plenty of depressurization to occur before Global Warming will be a continous warming.

if you live around melbourn you can expect to see artic weather
for a while durring the winter at first , then basicaly year round for a few years until the depressurization ceases because there isnt much ice left to melt.

then a slow return to the type of weather you are used too , followed by continous rising temperatures.

there will not be enought energy to keep everyone warm or cool so the underground water may be the way to maintain a average household temperature.

while you have the time and the resources available you might consider using a geothermal system for your homes and buisnesses.

I hope Im not sounding too drastic here , Im just trying to give you guys down there some good advice.