everybody is always thinking carbon.

2/3 of water is hydrogen , it falls from the sky , free of charge!!!

lately it falls more often than usual. LOL

in order to concern ourselves about Carbon we must first burn a hydrocarbon fuel that emits carbon di-oxide.

hydrogen does not emit.

it just combines with oxygen to form water again.

I'll bet there is more energy in a pellet sized volume of water than there is in a pellet , if you take into consideration the energy expelled making and shipping the pellet.

as I said when a liquid is heated it expands , if it is contained it cannot expand as much and will pressurize the gasses in its container , water can be seperated into hydrogen and oxygen using pressures , and using a spark or a heat source
they can be re-combined to produce heat.

if the pressures that accomplished the splitting was caused by solar radiation then the fuel itself is free , just like the rain , and the oxygen.

and if you have to add a little pressure to split the water then that too can be free , you already have pressurized hot water to work the hydraulics with.

I know this can be done , the trouble is getting others to believe it can be done , others that could finance your project.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.