G'day all,

My medical condition is not fixable nor will it ever improve. It does worsen with monotinous regularity unfortunately but I thank you for the kind words.

Antarctic Ice Sheets

Sea Ice sheets break off all the time. Big deal. Alone they prove nothing. The sea ice sheets are subject to immense compressive forces as well as other actions that make their disintigration inevitable. Last Century an iceberg a couple of hundred kilometres long (or if you prefer hundreds of MILES long) and quite wide went past some merchant shipping. This was not an indication of any climate change at all.

The Antartic has more ice now that it did 50 years ago according to all the studies I have seen. The difference is that the micro climate of the Antartic changes regularly and for the last 50 years or so the climate has shifted so more ice is formed on the western ? side than the eastern side (forgive me if I have this around the wrong way - I'm going from memory here). The ice extending beyond the continental shelf of the Antartic is reducing in thickness and size. The ice over the landmass is greatly increasing in size.

As to droughts in Victoria, sorry mate but Al Nina's affect the Eastern Seaboard of Australia and the mid Eastern inland the most, as well as having an effect of the weather in Queensland far more than for Victoria. The Al Nina, if it sticks around for a while should ease the Victorian drought eventually but that is not the area that really is greatly impacted by an Al Nina when it first forms.

Oh and Amaranth Rose, this now has four topics just to reply to the posts directly following my previous ones!

Regards

Richard