Originally Posted By: redewenur
Well, scientists do appear to have total confidence in the theory that predicts Bekenstein-Hawking radiation. Does anyone know of any experimental or observational evidence to support it? If blackholes produced at LHC do evaporate, Stephen Hawking will probably get a Nobel Prize. On the otherhand... frown

Even more importantly than mini Black Hole detection, is the detection of new particles of matter...... the reason the LHC was built. Matter that is thought to exist at higher energies....which would either prove, or disprove, the existense of Dark energy or invisible matter, thought to be the driving force for the speeding up of the expansion of the Universe.
With so many theory's out there, I am sure the Cern Collider will find something that will keep the Astrophycists busy developing ever newer theorys upon the life of our Universe.

I have often wondered why a rotating Black Hole has never been shown to slow its rotation as it collects more matter, in the classical sense, as a skater extending their arms.

Or if the Universe is indeed expanding ever faster, then all the
Galaxies expanding outwards into the edges of the Cosmic Shell
would be further away from each other. Which should mean that relativistic time should tick slower, since in those stretched out Galaxies that are further away from us, gravity would be weaker (Classicaly time runs faster when subjected to a higher (denser) Gravity.
If time does indeed run slower at the edge of the Universe, it might account for some objects out there that Scientists say should not have had the time to develop in the 13+ Billion year age of our Universe?
I cant wait until the Data comes rolling out.
NASA is already asking for home computers to help out with the maths. Ill post their url when I find it, tomorrow.
Its LHC@Home (BOINC first)

Last edited by Mike Kremer; 03/07/08 03:18 AM. Reason: url added

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.