"The ideal journalist must always be a critical analyst and communicate honestly to the reader the results of her investigation."

Yes, but journalists themselves declare themselves neutral or objective about the issue. What the public does not know is the journalist from which they get the stories from is someone just like themselves.
In my Journalism class at school, we are learning how to objectively write stories, void of preferences or opinions so as not to "editorialize" something (which is strangely used in a derogatory sense by my teacher).
And yet, the journalist is not some fact-maker encyclopedia who knows both sides of the issue and is capable of doublethink.

Dont get me wrong; I have been thinking about becoming a journalist myself, though I would prefer a writer where I can still write with my opinions, and do it openly.

But the news can be biased. In fact, it IS biased. That is the point. Well it should not be the point, according to journalists themselves. But they are, in fact, human. It is not necesarilly hypocrisy, but just human nature.

Journalists are good. But they are only as good as the people behind the journal.