Originally Posted By: Rallem

The part of your post which troubled me most was your understanding of what would make a good Officer. You described the journalist as honest, but failed to describe the Officer as honest, and you said that he had to be somewhat an automaton, which is exactly the opposite of what would make a good officer in the military. The officer has to be a very good critical thinker who can best interpret something known as Commander’s Intent. If you like to know more about Commander’s Intent, I will try to explain it in a later post.

Prthaps I need more info on the Commander's Intent.

I was in the army but as an enlisted man. However, I do pay attetion to our Generals in Iraq and they make it clear that their duty is to ask how high when the command is given to jump. I am aware that paradigms and algorithms guide their every move and that they are allowed to deviate as long as they follow the paradigms and algorithms of deviation.

I am aware that the standard excuse given in the Nueremburg trials was "I followed orders". But the trials did not accept those claims.