I'm a steak eater. I even love veal. Give me some nice venison and you'll make me a happy man. Who doesn't love lamb? I even had some buffalo just last week. (Really!)

While our livestock admittedly usually lives in awful conditions, they are rarely aware that they are about to die and they are never aware that they only exist to be put on somebody's plate for dinner. Even if they saw it happening, they'd be unlikely to grasp the concept.

But the idea of putting a creature on your plate, alive, who has been demonstrated to have emotional response and possibly even sentience, and cut it's legs off and eat them one by one while it sits watching you do it - that's more than omnivorous. That's an abomination. The thing panics and turns colors and tries to escape, but the diner just cuts off another leg and makes the creature watch the leg be devoured.

The Bengal tiger and the weasel don't have the capacity to know that they are terrifying their prey. Humans do this and laugh about it and call it a delicacy.

It reminds of Monkey Brains. There's another dish served inhumanly. They put the poor creature's head in a clamp and remove it's skull cap and eat it's brain while it struggles under the specially-built table. That's not omnivorous - that's sick. As far as I know, nobody does this anymore - but it wasn't until very recent times that the practice faded. And maybe some people still do it. If so, I hope they all get Crutzfeld-Jacob's disease. That's not a terribly Christian thought, but I never professed to be perfect.

w