Show me somebody who can prove that they have precog dreams more frequently than normal dreams and then we can talk about that. Until such a person appears, you might as well ask, "What if a person could fly like Superman? Then would you believe people could fly that way?"

As for the cards, every week in lotteries around the world, people pick far more correct numbers than are statistically likely. We call them lottery winners, not psychics.

You show me a person that can pick more than 9 out of the 25, and do it every time without fail 50 times in a row and then maybe we'll talk. But even then, it is not statistically impossible - it's still attributable to amazing luck. (But at least I'd be forced to admit something was probably up.) Doing it once, twice, even three times in a row is just very, very lucky.

I love the Discovery Channel. They show some great shows and can be very educational. They also show some shows that are out to make ratings by appealing to the gullible. The big problem is that many of the latter are disguised as the former. I wish there was a good, hard science channel. The closest thing I know of is the NASA Channel, but so much of their schedule is filled with watching paint dry that I rarely even look for it any more.

(How incredibly cool it would be to have the "Peer Reviewed Channel"!!! Make the shows interesting and exciting like many of the Discovery Channels good science shows, but only allow content that has been vetted by appropriate scientists. Now THAT would be a popcorn and Coke channel to watch!)

w

Last edited by Wayne Zeller; 03/22/07 08:52 PM.