Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
dehammer wrote:
"the "abrupt" changes usually take about 3 to 4 centuries."

No they don't. Look I am trying really hard not to explicitly tell you what I know to be true so lets try a softer approach. Where did you find this value that you claim to be valid?

And for those who still can't figure out what I am thinking. There will NEVER be a response with a link because no such thing exists. When we talk about abrupt changes ... the last one of record resulted in quick-frozen Mammoths in Siberia. And that was quite a bit longer ago than 300-400 years.

You keep putting 'em up dehammer and I'll just keep knocking them down. Don't you ever learn?
they have yet to figure precisely how it died and froze so fast.

once again i say there are a few times when there were rapid changes, but most of those are related to things such as volcano's and very large ice dams bursting at the right place.

as you pointed out, there are always things that go against the norm. Mount Toba is an example of an extream change.

the next time yellowstone erupts it will also cause a massive sudden climate. When the ice dams burst something like 8 thousand years ago, they shut the atlantic belt down for a few years. that also cause a massive fast change in the global temperature.

unfortuantely, he was not refering to these events. he was refering to normal change. these are not fast changes but take centuries.

unfortuantely i did not keep the graph that one of the gwa on this forum put up showing the ice core readings.

admittedly you try to knock them down, but your aim is off more often than not. which for some reason you are never aware of the miss.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.