Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 628 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9686 10/22/06 06:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
uhh.. im not sure if this is where i should post this but im gonna do it anyway. ok i really suck at searching for things online so im gonna ask all u guys who are better than me at it to please help me. i have a science research project to do and am supposed to find 3 research articles that have been written in the year 2006 and they gotta have the scientic method stuff in it(hypothesis, I.V., D.V., procedures, results etc..) if u guys know any good articles or sites or can just point me in the right direction, that would be a great help.

and by the way, im in the 9th grade, so any really hard to understand articles i cant use. thanks.

S
S
Yeah,, well maybe..
check out carbon nano tubes,,
and also oat cloth ,, one atom thick material.
and maybe bacteria cell powered futuristic flying suits.
Put these together with a sort of waldo exoskeleton,, and pigeons may well be in trouble.
yours,,,,,,,,steve..

s.c.bensley
C
C

Just about any scientific journal would be full of articles that satisfy your needs.

Choose a subject area and look through those journals. If you need three, I'd suggest reading the literature review of an article that interests you (this usually serves as the introduction to the article) and find your next article from one mentioned in the lit review. Find the third article using the lit review of the second article. That way you will have a succession of articles tackling a related question.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
Megastar
Megastar
I'd suggest you just go to a library that has some scientific journals (not Scientific American, or even Science, Nature, or Astronomy). Journals, specific to one subject, such as Gene, Virology, Virus Research, Ecology, Ecology Letters, Oikos, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, Journal of Geophysical Research, Biological Chemistry, and American Journal of Sports Medicine will all have papers written in the form of a "lab report," with a hypothesis, materials and method section, discussion, and conclusion. Do you live near a university library? If not a local library can probably get some stuff on loan (either physically or via fax); they can probably even guide you to the right stuff. Check out your local library online first. Homework like this is usually designed to encourage you to learn about libraries.
~samwik (ex-library worker)

P.S. Even your school library should be able to link electronically to some, if not all, of these resources, such as a university library.

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.
T
T
Luffy:

The following link is to the Directory of Open Access Journals which contains links to scientific journals that provide free access ( mostly) to scientific abstracts or research papers. I have yet to fully search the site myself so cannot say whether this is so or not in all cases.

http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=subject&cpid=121

Darkness is but the sum total of Creation inclusive of the Light.
Megastar
Megastar
Te, Yes, it works!
I got full text articles from journals like the ones i listed above. Thanks from me too.
~samwik

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.
G'day Te and Luffy,

Thanks for the link Te. It is a very good one.

To Luffy, if you want something topical you can pick a few climate change research papers. It depends on your science skills but since you have to discuss scientific method, if you do not understand the science, you may not even recognise the scientific method. There are climate research papers around where the science is not all that hard to follow so you should have no trouble determining the scientific methods used. If you look at the thread on Medieval Warm Period there is a terrific research paper on vegetation changes in New Zealand that sets out its points very well. Don't us it! It is dated 1996. Hey, I assume this is a Uni project so we can't do all the work for you.

So now you have a number of different directions to look at. Good luck. If you get stuck on just what scientific method means or how well it is applied, send me a private message and I'll help you nut that bit out if I can but I will not do anything other than help you with the basic understanding so the work remains yours.

Regards

Richard

Sane=fits in. Unreasonable=world needs to fit to him. All Progress requires unreasonableness
Megastar
Megastar
If you need 2006 reports, written as you describe, I think you're gonna have to contact a library directly. They'll be able to access the pay sites where you can get this current, 2006 research. Most likely, it'll be a university library that you'll need, but your local library (or even school library) should have access to the university libraries if you don't live right next door to one. You can search from home, but they know right where to go; and ultimately you'll still need to contact the library to get the stuff (though some libraries do offer e-delivery via fax or .pdf). Call your local library and ask for the Reference desk or a Reference librarian (or any librarian).
Have fun....
~samwik

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.