Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 560 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Dr.Rocket
Now the problem is how to prove that the current between the neurons are not continous but accelerated.

Ive tried to found throw manuals of neurology, biophisycs, etc.., to the internet, but nothing at all.

And wilkipedia tell the waves of EEG are waves of current of electronegativity. Do you know whats is those waves? Im now bit confused.

mfm
D
D
Hi Count,

That is the guy I was thinking of. I had been doing a couple of translations of some papers from German to English. Whenever I do that speaking like Yoda I am. Nottothemention run-on everything. My German is weak, but sometimes you just have to suck it up go for it.

Hi mfm,

You say "acceleration". Is that really what you mean? Looking at your first sentence I would expect to see the word discrete rather than acceleration.

Electronegativity is a term from chemistry and a bit archaic. It was, if memory serves, introduced by J. J. Berzelius in about 1819 by way of accounting for chemical affinity. I suspect that what you might find more apropos would be along the lines of electrochemistry, electrolysis etc. The electrical activity of a neuron is produced by a mostly chemical process. This stuff, nerves, chemistry, ..., is all very complicated and if you want to learn about it you will have to do some hard study.

For starters check out:

http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/farabee/biobk/BioBookNERV.html

Wiki might help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuron

This is a summary page:

http://mcb.berkeley.edu/courses/mcb135e/nervous.html

Sorry to be so cursory in my replies today. I am out of town for a few days and I really should be getting ready! Really!!

M
OP Offline
M
The problem is that exists another opinion:
current between neurons is continous, then there is no electromagnetic waves, there is electronegativity wave. And the EEG reflects only electronegativity waves, no electromagnetic waves.
For example you have Wilkipedia:

An action potential is a wave of electrical discharge that travels along the membrane of a cell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_potential

Whats its the true?
And if the way to prove the true is or not to prove the continous or not of the current ?

I need to prove that or to quote some scientific manual which declare it roundly: " waves of EEG are electromagnetics"

mfm
D
D
Hi mfm,

I had a look at that Wiki page in your last post. It seems that it actually answers your questions.

The current between neurons is not continuous. A neuron acts, more or less, like a logic gate in a computer. (Check out combiantorial logic and sequential logic.) The electrochemical part of the interaction between neurons needs to be refreshed. The physioligical systems that support the brain perform this function.

Now you must keep in mind that I am not an expert in this subject and you will, eventually have to do your own thinking and research.

Good luck,

Dr. R.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.