Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 557 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
All electricity current origin an electro dynamic field?
Or only an electricity accelerated current origin an electro dynamic field?

I have that doubt because i have doute about the electricity is (or not) always accelerated.

Tks in advance
confused

mfm
P
P
Electric current can be generated chemically (e.g. a battery), by induction (i.e. moving a conductor through a magnetic field or vica versa, as in a generator), or by the discharge of static electricity (built up by the physical movement of charges caused by friction).

M
OP Offline
M
But plz, i need to know if the electricity current
not accelerated exist and origin an electro dinamic field

mfm
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that we live in the accelerated field of gravity from which electromagnetic phenomena is derived, implies that all such phenomena accelerates including our perception of time itself. Mass itself deforms time and space, and elicits gravitational fields, and the speed of electromagnetic phenomena must necessarily be observed to accelerate. We are star stuff and we can not see anything except that which the stars bestow. The observer invents all acceleration. Without the observer, no acceleration phenomena can exist, including time. Observers set up the apparatus from which experiments set the stage for perceived acceleration phenomena. In other words, God needs us as much as we need God. God had no choice to observe us as we created the universe by observing it. Take away man and poof: no universe and no God.

M
OP Offline
M
Tks Gizmo, but nothing of all answer my question.

i need to know if the electricity current
not accelerated exists and origin an electro dinamic field

mfm
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo:
... We are star stuff and we can not see anything except that which the stars bestow. The observer invents all acceleration. Without the observer, no acceleration phenomena can exist, including time. Observers set up the apparatus from which experiments set the stage for perceived acceleration phenomena. In other words, God needs us as much as we need God. God had no choice to observe us as we created the universe by observing it. Take away man and poof: no universe and no God.
The universe without man would exist just fine. Some other creature would doubtless take our place in the grand scheme of things. It might even be better adapted to survival on this planet. It is the height of arrogance to say that the universe requires us for its existence. Come down from your pinnacle of nothingness and see the real world.

PLease stick to Science and Science related topics in this forum. Existential philosophy is the purview of another forum here. smile

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
i may be wrong, but i beleive that electicity travels at a given speed though a given medium, not accelerating.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
D
D
Hi manfermef,

You seem to need and want answers to your questions and have been getting no satisfaction. The problem is that I cannot understand what you are asking. When you say "All electricity current origin an electro dynamic field?" I am just not sure what you are asking about. I would translate this as: Do all electric currents originate in an electromagnetic field? The answer is no, just as Peter Bmn's reply indicated. There, of course, is more to it than that, but I don't have the time to write a treatise on the subject!

Perhaps if you sharpened you questions, an answer that does not involve mysticism would be possible. Give it another try!

Dr. R.

M
OP Offline
M
Another try is:
the EEG, -electroencefalogramme- samples waves from the brain.
Those waves are or not electromagnetics?
I think its a question enough sharpened.

mfm
D
D
Hey manfermef,

Now that is much clearer. The answer to your question is yes! The neural connections in the brain are, in part, electrical in nature. The electricity is not exactly the same as the current of electrons in a metal wire. They are more like what is found in electrolysis. In any case as the neural connections change, reflecting brain activity, there is a corresponding change in the electromagnetic field around the neuron. The electrodes attached to the skull respond to these changes. The signal from the electrodes is then greatly amplified and then shown on a computer screen.

Here is a good site, with lots of links, on the subject:

http://www.cerebromente.org.br/n03/tecnologia/eeg.htm

Hope that helps.

Dr. R.

M
OP Offline
M
Incredible Dr Rocket, you astonished me fully
Its your response thats make me plenty of happy for a long time...

My question is related with the prove of the unwire antenna human body, and now the door is open to demostrate it, if necessary.

mfm
D
D
Well good luck then!

M
OP Offline
M
Tks again Dr.Rocket, and my final question for now is:
There is only one posibility: the waves reflected in the EEG are only electric magnetic waves.

Not another posibility.?

Im certain but not another one who opposite me...

mfm
D
D
I more or less have to agree. If there is any other phenomena present, beside the electromagnetic, we just cannot tell.

Some people think that there is some kind of mysterious quantum phenomena at work in the brain that is responsible for consciousness. This is true, a forteriori, since the brain is made of atoms that are quantum systems. The people that think this are not too clear on what this quantum phenomena actually is or how to observe it.

As far as I know, the only thing you get from the brain is what you see in EEG, PET, MRI or x-ray measurements. Come to think of it maybe your opposite number is thinking about PET scans or MRI.

A PET (Positron Emission Tomography) scan is very different than an EEG. To get a PET scan you inject a radioactive tracer into the body. (Inhalation or swallowing can also be used to get the tracer into the subject.) The radiaoactive substance is a positron (positive electron) emitter. These particles can be detected and used to make a picture of the interior parts of the body.

The MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) is different from these. It exploits the fact that the nucleus of an atom is a little spinning magnet. Atomic scale magnets will only line up in certain directions when placed in an external magnetic field. So if some tissue is placed in a strong magnetic field the nuclei of the atoms that make it up will line up with the field according to the type of atoms involved. Now the next step is to send electromagnetic (EM) waves through the tissue. If the frequency of the EM wave is just right (the Larmour frequency) it will resonate with the spinning magnet (nucleus) and energy will be absorbed by it. This absorption can be detected and used to determine what kind of tissue is present. Now that's a really simplified explanation of MRI. I have left out many important details, but I hope you get the idea.

Does that help?

M
OP Offline
M
Another time very impressed, tks.

mfm
M
OP Offline
M
Dr Rocket
Could you help me to determine what are the waves in the figure of spectral analysis
http://www.cerebromente.org.br/n03/tecnologia/futuro.htm
which are capable to exit from the brain and throught the skull till the air?

I think the are delta and theta waves beacause their intensity are heigher. Isnt it?

mfm
D
D
Hi again mfm,

I sounds like you are asking about two things.

One is about a mathematical theory called Fourier analysis. The theory was introduced by Jean Baptiste Joseph Fourier in 1822 in a work called "The Analytic Theory of Heat". (The page you quote has this detail incorrect. His name was not Pierre and he went by the name of Joseph.)

Fourier theory (it is sometimes called spectral or harmonic analysis) is not so easy to explain in a few words. I can hardly stress the importance of Fourier analysis in all the physical sciences. It is really worth your while to study it.

Your best bet would be to check wiki for a starter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_analysis

There are many books, elmentary to advances on the subject. A good one is:

Fourier Series and Orthogonal Function
Harry F. Davis
Dover Pub. Co.

The other question you are asking is (I think) which of the waves produced by the brain are strong enough to penetrate the skull. Think about this for a minute. If you have detected them well enough graph and name them, then they have gotten out of the skull and are in the air.

The real question is how good are your detectors and signal processing software.

Two questions for you, if you don't mind:
(1) what is your native language?
(2) are you driving at mind/machine interface?

Dr. R.

M
OP Offline
M
Hi, Mr Rocket, im a bit confused with your questions.
1-my native language is spanish
2-i havent another interface tham my pc , not mind /machine interface

mfm
D
D
Hi mfm,

My question about your language was to get a better grasp of the english sentence structure that you are using. Part of the problem of understanding someone speaking in, what to them is, a foriegn language is that the sentence structure is more like their own language. For example

correct: I am speaking english.
incorrect: Speaking english am I.

These are the same four words meant to convey the same idea, but the second reflects a non-english structure.

My question about mind/machine interface is in relation to the content of this thread. Since we are speaking of detecting brain wave, I thought that you might be looking at these types of applications. I'm just curious as to what prompts your questions.

Dr. R.

C
C
Quote:
Speaking english am I.
Reminds me of this person. laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.