Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 619 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Ok, I am taking mine unfitted joke back, but on the other hand did anyone really expected to find scientific answer to "what do women really want from men?"

I would love to hear about anyone who would take a challenge to make up mathematical formula to solve that question.

I myself have always had very ignorant attitude towards math and for that matter I am absolutely useless, but I could help with finding criteria that should be considered in this challenge.

Anyone else up for that?

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Well if this wonderful and enlightening thread doesn't move the three of you ... I doubt anything will.

Do you want a science site or should we just rename it to adolescentplayground.com?

DA Morgan
P
P
i was wondering if there is any known correlation between narcissism and intolerance; be that at genetic level or is nurtured over a period of time!

Peace

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
Well Rose and Kate, and the balance of your gender, I extend to you my sympathy after reading this nonsense: Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

And they wonder why woman, having a taste of financial self-sufficiency, don't want them any more. What a bunch of losers.

Advice to the guys: Buy a lot more video games. Expect to be spending a lot of time alone.
there is a quote i remember hearing when i was in junior high, but have no clue any more who said it. "A simple woman can usually figure out what makes men tick, but men, even geniuses, have trouble figuring out even a simple woman". in my entire life, i have never come close to figuring out any woman, despite many attempts. that does not mean im dumb (my IQ is in the genuis range), just not savy to the ways of women. nor do i have any problem saying that they are too complex for me.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
I've never found it at all difficult to understand women. The rules are rather simple actually.

1. Ask questions
2. Pay attention to the answers
3. Take out the garbage without being asked

Males seem to be perpetually stuck at age 12-14 in their attitudes toward females, sex, and in their pathetic Walter Mitty immitations.

Not familiar with Walter Mitty? Let me introduce you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Mitty
I would urge you to rent the Danny Kaye movie.

DA Morgan
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Quote:
Originally posted by dehammer:
[QUOTE]there is a quote i remember hearing when i was in junior high, but have no clue any more who said it. "A simple woman can usually figure out what makes men tick, but men, even geniuses, have trouble figuring out even a simple woman".
It's a myth that women can't be understood. And what's more - it's a cop-out.

There are men that understand the finer points of quantum theory but say they can't understand women. It is simply a matter of where priorities lie. If men spent a fraction of the time trying to understand their partners needs and drives, that they otherwise spend on hobbies and interests then I'm sure the level of relational breakdown would fall considerably.

Blacknad.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
I've never found it at all difficult to understand women. The rules are rather simple actually.

1. Ask questions
2. Pay attention to the answers
3. Take out the garbage without being asked

Males seem to be perpetually stuck at age 12-14 in their attitudes toward females, sex, and in their pathetic Walter Mitty immitations.

Not familiar with Walter Mitty? Let me introduce you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Mitty
I would urge you to rent the Danny Kaye movie.
then explain the logic behind this. if a man works a 8 shift, has 8 hours off and knows he will be pulling another 8 right after that, he sleeps for a large chunk of that 8 hours. A woman that worked for me when i was a store manager, had to spend that time doing house work, even though she was going to have 32 hours off later, during which she had nothing else planned. Ive seen that happen many times. she explained that the work was suppose to be done then. what does that mean. There are more things about women, that they can explain, but still not be understood. yes many ppl have the ability to understand somethings about then, but a large part of men will tell you they dont understand them, even when they have everything explained. as far as taking out the trash, what does that have anything to do with anything. that is pure copout.

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
What about her behaviour don't you understand? Seems perfectly rational to me.

That you ask:
"as far as taking out the trash, what does that have anything to do with anything."

ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!
As soon as I catch my breath
ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!
I'll try to answer ...
ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!
Before I answer I've really got to know: Are you over or under 16 years of age?

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
im 47.

let me ask you this. are the women that are expecting you to take the trash out the same ones that are complaining about the sterotyping of the sexes. explain the logic of that.

N
N
Asking questions and paying attention to the answers is a lot harder and much more emotionally draining for men than women seem to understand. Maybe men don't want to hear about their day? Maybe they do. I suppose it all depends on the man. But would it be too difficult to at least attempt a far out exaggerated story likely to entertain?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
men your greatdo some more researh man.....we will need them!!!!!!

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Jeff ... try using English.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
dehammer asks:
"are the women that are expecting you to take the trash out the same ones that are complaining about the sterotyping of the sexes."

Complaining? Let me see if I've got this correctly. Men offer opinions and women complain.

Try this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
you are a highly accomplished master of the misdirection. again i say what does this have to do with anything. no one said there was any difference between men's and women's complaints and opinions, did they. if they did, show me.

in an earlier post you said

'What about her behaviour don't you understand? Seems perfectly rational to me.'

what is rational about spending the little bit of time you have to sleep doing what you can do later, then complaining that you did not have the time to sleep, so you cant do the job. she had all the time she needed at a later time, yet it had to be done during the few hours that she should have schedualed her sleeping, what is logical about that.

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
It was a direct response to what you wrote.

DA Morgan
J
J
I think men want to be accepted for who they are and appreciated without anyone wanting or trying to change them.

Women want to be so loved that their partner would be willing to, God forbid, change.

Funny.

~Justine~
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
"Attempts to formulate a "perfect society" on any foundation other than "Women and children first!" is not only witless, it is automatically genocidal. Nevertheless, starry-eyed idealists (all of them male) have tried endlessly-and no doubt will keep on trying."
~ Robert Heinlein

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
It was a direct response to what you wrote.
sorry, but that looks more like a non response to me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.