Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 619 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5350 02/03/06 06:01 AM
M
matt Offline OP
OP Offline
M
All right people here goes nothing. Before I go on I just need to say Im no geanous by any means. Oh yea my spelling and grammar sucks too. Just interested in space and planets. I have three main questions. Why is it that when ever you hear about global warming everyone blaimes it on polution? Can't the sun growing 10 percent every million years account for anything? Can't the moon moving away from earth inch and half everyyear account for anything? Can't the earths core cooling down account for anything?

Has it been proven beyond doubt that everypart of the earth is warming or are some parts cooling? If there are parts cooling that would give some weight to the moon theory.Eventually our axis will change if it hasn't and or started already.

I watch alot of science programs and I heard that the sun is growing ten percent every million years. Now can anyone figure out what that is every year. I beleive the sun diameter is 2.8 million miles across. I could be wrong on that.

I've also heard that there are reasons to beleive the earths core is cooling down. It hasn't been proven fully but it would almost have to without a fuel source right. if so we will slowly lose our magnetic feild, therefore more solar radiation will penetrate our atomospher. Man that would be pretty cool to see, aroura everywhere.

I don't want to start an arguement. Im not saying polution doesn't play a roll just not a deciding factor like many people think. Hell maybe we can't do anything about global warming. Maybe its just a natural occurence.

If Im wrong anywhere in here please advise me otherwise give me some feed back. Please if any one has solid facts I'd love to hear them. Thanks

Matt

#5351 02/03/06 05:31 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Matt.

You really do need to work on your spelling and grammar. We all make mistakes but some of yours aren't just typos. Start with this word "geanous"
and a dictionary.

That said ... global warming refers to the average temperature of the entire planet. It is not just possible but likely that some areas will cool while others warm. It is the aggregate that matters.

DA Morgan
#5352 02/03/06 09:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You could always put your text into Microsoft Word and have it edit it for you. I have done that once or twice...

As for global warming, all of those can be factors in it. From our own pollution, to the fact we're coming out of a small ice age, the sun growing, earth cooling, deforestation, concrete, polluting water ways, there are many reasons for it. Most of them, we cannot do anything about. Pollution is blamed because it creates nasty hazes over cities (and countries) and people really don't like that. We create pollution, so we can stop it (well, not all of it of course). We as humans are hoping that if we engage a battle against pollution and wipe it out, the global warming will stop, the rivers/streams will fill back up, the icebergs will stop melting, etc.
There are other factors for pollution that stem from the earth itself, such as volcanic activity, earthquakes, it's nothing but chaos going on all over the place that changes this and that. Remember, the earth has been a lot hotter than it is now and a lot colder. We're lucky.
I watched something on the Discovery channel the other night m'self, said something about the icebergs being almost completely melted by the end of this century. Sounds like great fun, don't it? Countries are already fighting for the open water rights.

Quote:
Man that would be pretty cool to see, aroura everywhere.
Ha, no. We'd be like those nasty black french fries at the bottom of the grease trap...probably worse. Yes, it'll be beautiful for a few minutes, until your eyeballs boil.

#5353 02/06/06 02:27 AM
B
Bee Offline
B
You know, as a dyslexic I love windows word and the copy/paste function.. I don?t think you?re stupid but when you know you have a problem with your spelling (like me) throw it through spell check and everyone has a much easier time enjoying your opinion.

As for global warming.. maybe there are non- human factors at work also, all the more reason for us not to make things worse, this is not so much a blame game but more a coping strategy, what are we going to do about this? I am not sure if there is an answer, but burning a ton of bad chemicals into the air unrestrictedly is obviously not the answer.
Dyslexics Untie!

**newsflash! the flight of the Bumblebee doesn't defy the laws of science after all! makes me wonder what else is possible that we may think defies science now but doesn't?*... and the Bumblebee still flies..
#5354 03/23/06 12:07 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
what i dont understand is why ppl think we can do anything to STOP the global warming. the best we can do is stop the part we are contributing. the majority of it is coming from the fact that the amount of sun we are getting is more than is reflected and readiated out.

a news flash for some ppl (im sure some of you are aware). we are still in a ice age, albet the end of it. when the ice age ends many parts of the world will be flooded, such as the permian (sp?) basin in texas. the only reason we are as cold as we are is the super valcanos that have created, and extended this ice age.

in case you dont know, that is what cause them. and we are due for another eruption of the biggest super valcano (in california) very likely next decade. there is no need to worry about global warming, its global freezeing that will be the concern 20 years from now.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.