Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 211 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5164 01/04/06 08:00 PM
T
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
T
Feel free to move or remove this thread if you think it's inappropriate.

I applaud the creation of the Origins forum. This is great. However, I'm wondering how much effort it would be to create a "fringe science" area where people could bring up things like ESP, pyramid power, faked moon landings, and the like.

It seems there are already places on the net where people can pretend to do science without all the work. But it's not enough to have crazy ideas - their believers have to proselytize and seek legitimation. Could we have a separate place where they could argue philosophy and what have you?

#5165 01/05/06 01:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about a "lunatic fringe" forum for all those crazy ideas? Better yet, how about we stick to Science and I start editing harder? I'm sure we could do without some of the threats and condemnation that have been posted here lately, mostly from so-called "Christians" who can't stand to see evolution, or certain other topics, discussed freely and openly. We need a few more Blacknads and a few less Chris Maxwells, IMHO.

Cheers,

"Amaranth"

#5166 01/05/06 04:00 AM
K
K
Amaranth has a point but there may be some merit in pondering the creation of a new forum for quasi-scientific stuff. If everyone thinks it worthwhile I'll set it up.

#5167 01/05/06 04:03 PM
J
J
Worthwhile to me.

~Justine~
#5168 01/05/06 04:42 PM
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
I think it would be ideal.

Everything that isn't hard science, and that doesn't necessarily come under Origins would have a home. It would certainly further clean up the Main forum which would please our scientists proper.

A place where people can make wild postulations without annoying more sober members. Pseudoscienceagogo.

Some might object, but agogo is a wonderful little community of enquiring minds and it's not a bad thing to keep some space for the more nutty of us.

'And lo, the moderator seperated the darkness from the light'.

Regards,

Blacknad.

#5169 01/05/06 10:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"'And lo, the moderator seperated the darkness from the light'."

Mwah-ha-ha-ha-hah! Thanks, I needed a good laugh today!

Cheers,

Amaranth

#5170 01/06/06 04:56 AM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
It sounds like fun.

Go for it.

jjw

#5171 01/06/06 11:07 AM
R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
Yes, all good things come in three's. We need one extreme, one opposite extreme and one medium.

Protons, electrons, neutrons; good, bad, just getting by; rich, poor, middle-class. Nature its self is telling you to do it! -Do it! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.