Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 211 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5066 12/27/05 05:47 PM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Albert Einstein was correct in his prediction that E=mc2, according to scientists at the Commerce Department's National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) who conducted the most precise direct test ever of what is perhaps the most famous formula in science.

In experiments described in the Dec. 22, 2005, issue of Nature,* the researchers added to a catalog of confirmations that matter and energy are related in a precise way. Specifically, energy (E) equals mass (m) times the square of the speed of light (c2), a prediction of Einstein's theory of special relativity. By comparing NIST measurements of energy emitted by silicon and sulfur atoms and MIT measurements of the mass of the same atoms, the scientists found that E differs from mc2 by at most 0.0000004, or four-tenths of 1 part in 1 million. This result is "consistent with equality" and is 55 times more accurate than the previous best direct test of Einstein's formula, according to the paper.

Source:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/12/051226100647.htm

DA Morgan
#5067 12/27/05 07:30 PM
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Einstein was a giant - an anomaly in his time.

It amuses me to see people who don't have an iota of his ability trying to bring him into disrepute.

He also needs to be placed in his historical context to comprehend his true genius - he had a fraction of the knowledge & tools that scientists have available today and yet we are still confirming his work 100 years later.

- "While in the Bern patent office he completed an astonishing range of theoretical physics publications, written in his spare time without the benefit of close contact with scientific literature or colleagues ."

Amazing.

Regards,

Blacknad.

#5068 12/27/05 10:05 PM
B
B
you said it amazing and yes it is more work to say Mileva,Stern, Grossman,Plank, Maxwell, Newton, and Galileothan just Einstein. I will give you this if it were not for Einstein you guys would probaly be working out of back rooms and on the edge of society.You have your god, now question him.

#5069 12/28/05 05:55 PM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Bradp wrote:
"You have your god, now question him."

You really should seek competent medical intervention. No doubt there are some very good MD PhD psychiatrist in your area.

There is not a physicist alive today that doesn't know, for a fact, that Einstein's answers were incomplete. Very ungod like. But very much like your mental capabilities it appears.

DA Morgan
#5070 12/28/05 06:13 PM
B
B
wrong again DA Morgan"ungod like" I would say very much god like.
I dont know you or your background but I see you have alot of problems. Most of the the posts you have made have started by insulting people on this forum.I am afraid of what will happen when you wake up one day and find your are wrong. I would like to help and I see you like single malts. I suggest you try Dalmore 18. Your welcome
I thank you for the complement

#5071 12/29/05 05:08 PM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Insulted? A referal to competent professional help is an act of kindness of compassion not an insult.

DA Morgan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.