Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 628 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49612 08/31/13 02:08 PM
B
Bill Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
He has been writing some articles about:

Quantum Fluctuations and Their Energy

Naturalness

The Hierarchy Problem Although this one isn't particularly new, he posted it in 2011.

These are 3 of the biggest problems facing physicists. He gives a pretty good explanation of what the problem is in each case. He doesn't have good answers, there aren't any yet.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
He doesn't have good answers

But at least he is honest and admits it.

I've learned a lot from Matt Strassler, and when time permits, he answers even the most naive questions.

There never was nothing.
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Haha I always love people worrying about naturalness problems especially scientists smile

Of course outside the world of big hugely expensive colliders there is other in some ways much more important research going on ... my choice for this week

http://phys.org/news/2013-08-fastest-rotating-man-made.html

Originally Posted By: Dr Michael Mazilu

"This system poses fascinating questions with regard to thermodynamics and is a challenging system to model theoretically. The rotation rate is so fast that the angular acceleration at the sphere surface is 1 billion times that of gravity on the Earth surface– it's amazing that the centrifugal forces do not cause the sphere to disintegrate!"

It is a profound question to think about the forces are getting up towards the smallest neutron star and the little molecule is withstanding it??????.

Houston we have/had a problem smile

Last edited by Orac; 09/01/13 04:46 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.