Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48007 02/15/13 06:10 PM
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
http://discovermagazine.com/2013/march/19-beware-superflare#.UR5zdPLhKSp

You may need to register with Discover Mag to get the whole article, but its free.

There never was nothing.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
this post requires people to register with web sites
if you cannot post the information then the post should be removed.

maybe you could just describe what you read!

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Quote:
this post requires people to register with web sites

Thanks Paul, I did point that out.

Quote:
if you cannot post the information then the post should be removed.

Or you could ignore it, but not everyone might want to make that choice. Why deprive others of something, just because you have a gripe about it?

Quote:
maybe you could just describe what you read!

To provide all the information that one could get from the article would infringe copyright.

There never was nothing.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
To provide all the information that one could get from the article would infringe copyright.

the below is from the web site you linked to.
it seems that there would be no copyright infringement
if the submitter submitted work to the web site.

so you should be covered by the terms of use on the web site,

Quote:
By submitting work to this website, the submitter agrees to grant a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, modify and perform the user submission in connection with the website owner’s business in any media formats now known and hereafter developed and through any media channels. All rights in this paragraph are granted without the need for additional compensation of any sort to the submitter.

if the article is linked from another website that holds
a copyright notice then that might be construed as copyright infringement , but only in that case.

given that the article belongs to the submitter that is.

Quote:
Or you could ignore it, but not everyone might want to make that choice. Why deprive others of something, just because you have a gripe about it?

I could ignore it and I am ignoring it.
plus , its not important that I have a gripe about it or not , whats important is that the web site requires you to register with a e-mail address I presume , and registering with web sites leads to spam in your inbox.

why else would the web site require one to register to simply
view the articles contained on the website?

there must be some type of advertising somewhere in
the mix.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
Bill S. Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
B
Paul, I acknowledge your apparent desire to seize with enthusiasm any opportunity to whinge pathetically. However, although I may occasionally, inadvertently, provide you such an opportunity, I must point out that I have no interest in encouraging any protracted exchange of banality.

I ask you to understand that although it is my policy to respond to all posts directed to me, it may occasionally be necessary to ignore such posts in the interests of maintaining the higher ideals of the forum.

There never was nothing.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Bill s

eureka!

I found a web site that allows one to bypass registering using
another web site , so if anyone really cares about reading about
what you posted but they really don't want to divulge privacy information , they can use the web site to get user names and passwords in order to view the web site's article.

heres the link for instructions on how to use bugmenot.

http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Registration-in-a-Website-Using-BugMeNot

and here's the bugmenot web site

http://www.bugmenot.com/

I personally don't care about reading the article so I didn't try it to see if it works.

platitude's to me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.