Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 394 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
YET MORE REPLIES TO BILL S. see also PREVIOUS (ABOVE)

Originally Posted By: Bill S.

Bill went on to say:-
I hope you are not saying it is too easy to get adequate protection for children in abusive situations. I spent many years working with young offenders, later with people who harm themselves or attempt suicide, and most recently with people with psychiatric problems who came before the criminal Courts. The number of cases in which this sort of behaviour/situation can be traced back to abuse/neglect in childhood is phenomenal. Could be some of those childhood years coincided with the time when “nobody came around to investigate home problems”.

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

No Bill S. ..Not too easy- but it justs takes longer and longer and longer, to get anything put right ....Its the genteel politicaly correct way to save money and get people off their butts to help them selves.

I also said that:-I cant imagine two Gay men having a violent disagreements, nor a Lesbian couple either.

Originally Posted By: Bill S. replied

Either you lack imagination, or you have little experience of gay/lesbian break-ups.

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer..replied

I replied ....I could be wrong .
Since I did not want to go into any details Yes Lesbian and Gay bustups can be horrenous...very often far worse than Heterosexual fights.....But there are far fewer of them.
Another reason why Politically correct Goverments have stated that Property will be divided between gay/lesbian couples in just the same way as normal marriages.
Again this shifts the consequences to Litigation, with hopefully no big dramatic drama's.

In finishing I would like to mention that the British national Health Service and Social services are the best in the World.
I know of a number of retirees from Thailand and other places...who have come back to avail themselves of the frre Health treatments given to all british and Common market residents.
So if you are worried about Social Security funds dryinf up Bill S....Remember we can either leave the Common market or cut the number of overseas visitors who avail themselves of our medical generosity.

Last edited by Mike Kremer; 11/07/12 01:11 AM. Reason: a two stage reply

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

B
B
Hello Mike kremer intersting subject . I finally found your first part reply .you are on PAGE1 not above
how old are you anyway?
Blobby2

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Mike, thanks for your long response. I started with the intention of responding to each part; for example, by pointing out that I didn't say I was an evacuee. I was born in Cornwall and lived there most of the time until I was 25.

Having waded through your ramblings, I decided that only two points were worth making.

1. Try reading a post before replying to it.

2. When in a hole, stop digging.

There never was nothing.
R
Megastar
Megastar
R

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Rede, well done for getting us back on topic.

If there really is a genetic link, which I suspect there is, it would probably go some way to explaining the differences in the response in later life to childhood sexual abuse.

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
On reflection, I must admit that abuse survivors, in this category, with whom I worked would have been those whose response to their abuse led them into self-destructive or anti-social behaviour. Any who simply joined the ranks of the (non-abused) gay community, would not have come to my notice. My sample was distinctly skewed, which is why I try to draw no conclusions from it, other than to note that different people's responses, and different environments, lead to different behaviours.

There never was nothing.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂş»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.