Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 378 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38798 06/15/11 02:02 PM
S
SallyOh
Unregistered
SallyOh
Unregistered
S
There have been many researches going on about why people cry other than to produce tears to cleanse their eyes. Why do people cry?
Some argue that people dont cry because they are sad, and that they are sad only because they cry.
Some argue that due to their hormones, it comes natur[color:#993399][/color]ally.
what do you think?
please please tell me what you think- THANKYOU (:

#38812 06/16/11 04:43 AM
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
I would be particularly interested in research into the neural and hormonal activity associated with sadness and tear production. Have you ever been "moved to tears" by a movie? A lot of empathy there; so maybe that gives rise to questions about mirror neurons.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
K
Megastar
Megastar
K
I saw a funny news story about a beached porpoise or something. It appeared to have tears running out of its eyes, so people said it was crying because it was sad.

An expert was quoted saying it's not crying, that's just mucous which is secreted from the eyes when they experience stress.

I'm more curious what the purpose of emotional tears is.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.