Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 628 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
today I was warned that the trojan JS/Redirector.CI
was detected on my computer as soon as I clicked the submit button after making a reply here in this forum.

if you dont have a good anti virus program installed on
your computer it might be a great idea to get one.

there is a free one available to windows users called
microsoft security essentials that updates the virus deffinitions automatically located in the below link.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
K
Megastar
Megastar
K
Hey I didn't know there were any free virus scanners. Cheers. There are some that claim to be free but you have to sign up to some unrelated rubbish.

Having said that, I almost never use a virus scanner. I protect my computer with 1 simple rule:

___ Don't run a program that came from somewhere I don't trust. ___

Running a program includes installing an activex control, opening a .exe, or running an insaller. Pretty clear-cut.

With modern software you can't get a virus by visiting a website, posting in a forum, opening an email, opening a jpeg, or even downloading a file of any type. I actually have some viruses on my computer, but they're infecting irreplaceable files that I want to keep. They don't cause any trouble because I never run the infected programs.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.