Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 707 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
How much worse does it need to get before we realise that we just cannot trust any scientist when it comes to Climate Change.

"Climategate goes SERIAL: now the Russians confirm that UK climate scientists manipulated data to exaggerate global warming"

Climategate just got much, much bigger. And all thanks to the Russians who, with perfect timing, dropped this bombshell just as the world’s leaders are gathering in Copenhagen to discuss ways of carbon-taxing us all back to the dark ages.

Feast your eyes on this news release from Rionovosta, via the Ria Novosti agency, posted on Icecap. (Hat Tip: Richard North)
A discussion of the November 2009 Climatic Research Unit e-mail hacking incident, referred to by some sources as “Climategate,” continues against the backdrop of the abortive UN Climate Conference in Copenhagen (COP15) discussing alternative agreements to replace the 1997 Kyoto Protocol that aimed to combat global warming.

The incident involved an e-mail server used by the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia (UEA) in Norwich, East England. Unknown persons stole and anonymously disseminated thousands of e-mails and other documents dealing with the global-warming issue made over the course of 13 years.
Controversy arose after various allegations were made including that climate scientists colluded to withhold scientific evidence and manipulated data to make the case for global warming appear stronger than it is.
Climategate has already affected Russia. On Tuesday, the Moscow-based Institute of Economic Analysis (IEA) issued a report claiming that the Hadley Center for Climate Change based at the headquarters of the British Meteorological Office in Exeter (Devon, England) had probably tampered with Russian-climate data.

The IEA believes that Russian meteorological-station data did not substantiate the anthropogenic global-warming theory. Analysts say Russian meteorological stations cover most of the country’s territory, and that the Hadley Center had used data submitted by only 25% of such stations in its reports. Over 40% of Russian territory was not included in global-temperature calculations for some other reasons, rather than the lack of meteorological stations and observations.

The data of stations located in areas not listed in the Hadley Climate Research Unit Temperature UK (HadCRUT) survey often does not show any substantial warming in the late 20th century and the early 21st century.
The HadCRUT database includes specific stations providing incomplete data and highlighting the global-warming process, rather than stations facilitating uninterrupted observations.

On the whole, climatologists use the incomplete findings of meteorological stations far more often than those providing complete observations.
IEA analysts say climatologists use the data of stations located in large populated centers that are influenced by the urban-warming effect more frequently than the correct data of remote stations.

The scale of global warming was exaggerated due to temperature distortions for Russia accounting for 12.5% of the world’s land mass. The IEA said it was necessary to recalculate all global-temperature data in order to assess the scale of such exaggeration.
Global-temperature data will have to be modified if similar climate-date procedures have been used from other national data because the calculations used by COP15 analysts, including financial calculations, are based on HadCRUT research.

What the Russians are suggesting here, in other words, is that the entire global temperature record used by the IPCC to inform world government policy is a crock.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesd...global-warming/

S
OP Offline
S
By the way, I have gone from being convinced that Global Warming is a real and present threat, to thinking the whole thing will go the way of Global Cooling. But not before we are taxed through the nose for it and money is diverted from much needed projects in the developing world to bogus eco-projects.

The whole thing is rubbish:

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/12/understanding_climategates_hid.html

Understanding Climategate's Hidden Decline

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
Originally Posted By: Socrates2007
What the Russians are suggesting here, in other words, is that the entire global temperature record used by the IPCC to inform world government policy is a crock.
Don't be naive. Russians are unhappy from drop of oil prices, so they're aggresive against every movement and attempt to replace it. But they're know about risks of global warming quite well. It's all only secret service game - but western countries appreciated it, because they don't want to pay poor countries for their carbon emissions.

http://www.businessonline.it/1/EconomiaeFinanza/1911/crisi-acqua-diminuiscono-riserve.html

Maybe Russians are saying, GW is a crock, but they doing a large investments into future water market. Which even does some logic - if I want to sell something in future, I'd pretend, such thing will not be required for future.

Superstar
Superstar
Zephir,
could you find an English-language translation of your article?

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
Did you check Google translator? To hack some site on behalf of global warming deniers is one thing, to invest billions of rubles into actions, which would have the only meaning, if only global warming will continue is the second one. If you need to know, how tough winter could be, don't listen the people - just watch the ants.

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
This sums up the idiocy of the "climate change is a hoax" argument nicely.

M
M
Originally Posted By: Socrates2007
How much worse does it need to get before we realise that we just cannot trust any scientist when it comes to Climate Change.

Are you suggesting all the raw data is wrong?

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:

Quote:
Are you suggesting all the raw data is wrong?

I really would like to be able to think that Global Warming isnt happening , but I dont.

I would like to trust the scientist , but I dont.

I would like to trust my government , but I dont.

I dont think that trust plays an important role anymore.

I really dont need to read anything a scientist writes about Global Warming , I dont have to look at any data.

all I have to do is look at the news and observe all the effects of Global Warming.

or look on u tube , google videos , etc for the actual people who are affected by the climate changes.

how they have "lived there 60 years and never seen that before"

the biggest thing on the weather mans map used to show 1 or 2 possibly even 3 state wide weather systems several times a year.

now his map shows weather systems that encompass 1/3 to 1/2 of the U.S. most of the time , every single day.

and these changes have occured in only a few years.

I see peoples houses washed into rivers , multiple state wide floodings , tornadoes are a constant happening , and it rains - and it rains - and it rains ...

no , I dont trust people who could be getting paid to lie about Global Warming.

they may even realize that the earth is cooling as a result of Global Warming and are being paid to mis-inform the public so that fossil fuels can remain our main source of energy.

even though the earth is cooling it is only a temporary cooling , until the ice melts... after the ice melts it will just be warming , and warming , and more warming stacked atop warming.

I dont even trust any of the so called environmental organizations who do nothing but run their mouth about it.

would oil companies pay people / scientist to troll around and express the oil companies views on Global Warming in forums such as this one?

would they pay millions to lobyist in washington?

would they have a reason to do so?

are they actively seeking / deploying alternate sources of energy?

does a bank lend money at 0% interest?

does the epa control the funds for energy research?

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
M
Max Offline
M

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
Russian secret service blamed for hack

According to Walker, a senior member of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has voiced suspicions that the hack job was not the handy work of a lone amateur but that of a "highly sophisticated, politically motivated operation. ...It's a carefully made selection of emails and documents that's not random," Jean-Pascal van Ypersele, IPCC vice chairman, told the paper.

For a start, the hacked data apparently surfaced on the server of a Russian internet security company based in the Siberian city of Tomsk, where the FSB has an office. And the FSB, argues Walker, is notorious for grooming hackers and launching cyber attacks.

What's more, by keeping the Arctic Circumpolar Seas ice-free all year round, climate change will unlock Russia's enormous and lucrative reserves of fossil fuel. The suggestion is that Russia will welcome this effect of global warming.

So: Russia not only had the capacity to carry out the hacking job, it also has a motive, as nations rich in fossil fuels will be penalised by any post-Kyoto agreement that seeks to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, suggests Walker.

How global warming skeptics are falsifying data ...

Originally Posted By: Zephir
This sums up the idiocy of the "climate change is a hoax" argument nicely.

this captures the truth about why we cannot possibly lose anything by going green.

M
Max Offline
M
Zephir, Its great that you have such standards. If that's what you call "falsifying data" then you must have really big problems with every bit of AGW science.

A better world, huh.

This shows the truth about the pseudo-green movement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.