Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 628 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29197 01/20/09 11:59 AM
I
OP Offline
I
This is just a query .....

One of the failures of the AGW theory has been its inability to forward predict global temperature trends.
eg. the actual global temperatures of the last decade have falsified the predictions made in the IPCC 2001 report.

I would like to look at the sunspot / cosmic ray theory to see what global temperature 'should' do over the next decade (eg. up to 2020) if this theory turns out to be true.

Can anyone point me to to a source of data for the solar activity forward look .. ie. from now onwards through the next century etc ... ?? And what this might mean for global temperatures ....

Thanks
Imran

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
"Solar Cycle Prediction (updated 2009-01-05)": http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/predict.shtml

That takes it up to 2020

Some comments here might be of interest: http://tvpclub.blogspot.com/2009/01/nasa-predictions-where-have-all.html

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
Can anyone point me to to a source of data for the solar activity forward look .. ie. from now onwards through the next century etc ... ??

century?

imagine that , imran cant find that I would think.
and if he does figure the odds of the data being usefull to a usefull degree for more than a year or two..much less a hundred years !!!

grow up and face it , its our fault not the suns.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.