Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 434 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hey I'm looking for a mentor that specializes in mechanical or chemical engineering. I am involved with the science fair and have been to many different international competitions. I don't need anyone real special just someone to bounce ideas off of....

so if you could help that would be great.

S
OP Offline
S
By the way my project is on solar distillation if you haven't guess ed its also on solar energy for alternate energy sources

Megastar
Megastar
Solar distillation of what?

Hiya SolarD,
I've been offline for a couple of days, just able to browse, but wanted to say "welcome." Perhaps asking for a mentor sounds like a big commitment. I know I can't promise anything; but I think if you just treat the forum as an individual, you may get some responses. Just ask a question about what you want to know.

I'm very interested in pyrolysis of wood, and "capturing" (distilling?) the smoke to do something with it like using it as fertilizer or fuel, or maybe even food for microbes. I also wonder about using solar energy to drive water movement... store potential energy... to eventually produce some power... blah blah blah, etc., etc.

Solar pyrolysis of wood or compost would be a neat goal, I think; but let's hear what you've been wondering about.

smile

p.s.
Welcome to this nicely-paced, hi quality forum....
~SA

Last edited by samwik; 06/05/08 02:18 AM. Reason: add p.s.

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.