Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 196 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
Paul,
Please repost your picture of the galaxy spinning backwards. I tried to move it to the Sci Pictures forum and it lost the picture. I'm very sorry.

Amaranth

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
nevermind

when I looked at a larger image from nasa of the galaxy , I found out what they were talking about.

they were talking about the inside arms rotating backwards and not the outside arms.

I am interested in figuring out why this occured.

and this might take a few hours of concentrating on this alone.

my original post was to say that the galaxy was not spinning backwards , this was because of the small image I was looking at.

and I was using the dust clouds and the stars in the dust clouds as the basis for my ( opinion ) as to the reason that it was not spinning backwards.

then I spotted the reason that they believe it to be spining backwards and since this could not happen without some outside force of a extremely great magnatude or some explosive or gravitational force from within , I decided to withdraw the post
until I find a possible explanation.

so you may delete this reply and I will post later.

then again I just thought up a reason , the core of the galaxy flipped upside down.

now to find why...

this may take a few more minutes.

judging from the trails in the dust clouds or smaller stars whatever they are , it appears that this galaxy collided with another galaxy and the two cores attraction and merger caused the core to flip thus causing a backwards spin.

there is evidence of this in the distances of the arms from the center of the galaxy that shows that the core has moved quite a bit off center.

and the dust trails or whatever show that there has been a merger with with matter traveling in another direction.

so theres my two cents.

you might need this A on screen ruler

after a few more moments stareing into the past , sort of speak
the gallaxys might have just passed through each other.

it was a verry long time ago.
in a gallaxy far far away...

Last edited by paul; 01/11/08 11:01 PM.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.