nevermind

when I looked at a larger image from nasa of the galaxy , I found out what they were talking about.

they were talking about the inside arms rotating backwards and not the outside arms.

I am interested in figuring out why this occured.

and this might take a few hours of concentrating on this alone.

my original post was to say that the galaxy was not spinning backwards , this was because of the small image I was looking at.

and I was using the dust clouds and the stars in the dust clouds as the basis for my ( opinion ) as to the reason that it was not spinning backwards.

then I spotted the reason that they believe it to be spining backwards and since this could not happen without some outside force of a extremely great magnatude or some explosive or gravitational force from within , I decided to withdraw the post
until I find a possible explanation.

so you may delete this reply and I will post later.

then again I just thought up a reason , the core of the galaxy flipped upside down.

now to find why...

this may take a few more minutes.

judging from the trails in the dust clouds or smaller stars whatever they are , it appears that this galaxy collided with another galaxy and the two cores attraction and merger caused the core to flip thus causing a backwards spin.

there is evidence of this in the distances of the arms from the center of the galaxy that shows that the core has moved quite a bit off center.

and the dust trails or whatever show that there has been a merger with with matter traveling in another direction.

so theres my two cents.

you might need this A on screen ruler

after a few more moments stareing into the past , sort of speak
the gallaxys might have just passed through each other.

it was a verry long time ago.
in a gallaxy far far away...

Last edited by paul; 01/11/08 11:01 PM.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.