Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 628 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#22520 06/29/07 03:47 PM
M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M
How Termites Find Gold for Prospectors, making them Rich!

Prospectors in Australia, and Africa have been sifting thru samples taken from Termite mounds, and finding flecks of Gold.

Not only Gold, but Diamonds, as well as other minerals,

A few flecks of Ilmenite which comes from a rock called Kimberlite, found in a termite mound means there are Diamonds below.

In fact the biggest Diamond mine in the world was found this way.
And thats what started the big Companys checking termite mounds.

Apparently Termite mounds are built from regurgitated mud and soil. Termites tunnel down 75 feet or more until they find the water they need for living. Disposing of the damp soil in mounds above ground, enables them to build their living gallerys deep below.

Mining Companys and Prospectors are finding Gold, Diamonds, Jade, and other minerals simply by sampling, Termite mounds.

***Facinating
Beats the old fashioned hard diggging and slog, hands down

http://www.afrol.com/articles/10447

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Mike. Have you ever tried to break open a termite mound? They're really hard. You certainly need a geological hammer.

Megastar
Megastar
Here in Colorado, I've noticed that ants bring little beads and other tiny relics up to the surface. I'd wondered if that'd be a good way to search for archeological sites to excavate. Now I wonder if those weren't bits of glass after all!

smile
~SA

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.