Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.


The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Do we have a moderator?
by paul
Yesterday at 12:30 AM
Is there anybody out there?
by paul
Yesterday at 12:22 AM
recently I've been thinking about this video
by paul
10/20/19 10:48 PM
Gravity Wheel ( SCIENCES VERSION )
by paul
10/20/19 10:38 PM
Snow Cover Data aka Global Warming Data
by paul
10/20/19 09:30 PM
does the forum work again?
by paul
10/20/19 09:01 PM
Top Posters (30 Days)
paul 9
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#13010 - 02/14/06 11:09 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
DA Morgan Offline
Megastar

Registered: 10/17/04
Posts: 4136
Loc: Seattle, WA
Philege wrote:
"As for Aramanth, how come you never comment on D. A. Morgan's persistent insults which are also not science related."

Actually my comments are science related. Science, at its essence, is about the scientific method. About things that are verifiable and repeatable. I offer commentary that is verifiable and repeatable and do so to clearly demonstrate the distinction between science and people that throw around four letter words and vague promises from authorless books. Hope that helps.

Philege wrote:
"How am I threatening Dan by telling him that the God he is insulting is one he does not know whom he is dealing with."

Amazing. Just a few column inches later you wrote:
"Let the Catholic Church read what you are writing about God and I am sure they would wish the Inquisition was still around to deal with you."

And you don't see that as a threat? Have you gone off your medication? The Roman Catholic church has apologized for it and has been deeply saddened and embarrased by it ... and you haven't got a clue.

Philege wrote:
"I repeat that I do not hate you as a person, but I hate what you write especially about God."

Hate is hate is hate. You seemingly are consumed by it. Draw a line with a pencil if you wish ... but I expect to be reading about you in the newspaper given your inability to control yourself.

Philege wrote:
"Are you saying that there are no atheist child abusers. I am certain that these far outnumber Catholic ones."

Actually this is not true. Studies conducted by the Catholic church and released as part of court cases indicated that the level of abuse by priests was significantly higher than that in the general public. But then you probably wouldn't know about it as the study wasn't sanctioned reading.

Bladnad ... do you know Philege personally or are you just responding to what is posted here? I have taken a copy of Philege's postings to the priest at St. Monica's here where I live and he was, quite frankly, shocked that any catholic would have, or could have, written this vitriol. Not just the parts for which he apologizes above but his wholesale misrepresentations of church doctrine. If you know him ... you might want to have a talk with him about asking for help.
_________________________
DA Morgan

Top
.
#13011 - 02/15/06 10:53 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Philege Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 12/30/04
Posts: 184
Loc: United Kingdom
Bladnad ... do you know Philege personally or are you just responding to what is posted here? I have taken a copy of Philege's postings to the priest at St. Monica's here where I live and he was, quite frankly, shocked that any catholic would have, or could have, written this vitriol. Not just the parts for which he apologizes above but his wholesale misrepresentations of church doctrine. If you know him ... you might want to have a talk with him about asking for help.

What lies, and did you tell the priest what you wrote, and did he smile about it. If he did then he is a funny priest, especially after you accused his kind of being the worst child abusers. Also what help do I need? I thought you don't believe in God? Did you tell the priest why I was enraged by your foul, filthy verminous,vile and blasphemous remarks about God. I am sure that if you did he would recommend that you need help, not me. Sincerely Morgan, you don't have to try to get me excommunicated by reporting me. Please give me the address of this priest so I can send a full report about the bad, wicked, satanical remarks you made about his God. That is fair isn't it after all you squealled about me don't you think that a little squeal about you is all in order. Typical of satan's agent trying to influence poor Blacknad who actually influenced me to turn to God more to agree with his horrid opinions. Blacknad is an intelligent and good writer. Its's a pleasure to read his well balanced arguments. It's a pity he lends you his ears, or is it eyes however I realise that this is because he is a good christian from whom I can learn a lot. Actually Morgan you are a hypocrite, because you actually went to the priest, someone you believe is wasting his time serving God after all you wrote. You are a worse hypocrite than I'll ever be, shame on you.

Top
#13012 - 02/15/06 11:07 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Philege Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 12/30/04
Posts: 184
Loc: United Kingdom
Actually this is not true. Studies conducted by the Catholic church and released as part of court cases indicated that the level of abuse by priests was significantly higher than that in the general public. But then you probably wouldn't know about it as the study wasn't sanctioned reading.

Another bunch of fibs, recently the Jehovahs Witnesses had a terrible scandal involving child abuse which made the Catholics look like saints, what about the Mormon Church, one cannot count the number of child abuses which took place within that church from it's inception. Come now Morgan don't think only you know everything. Read the newspapers, almost everyday atheistic abusers are caught. Much much more than the Catholics, your story about a Catholic report is rubbish, yes there have been a few bad priests, but then there were also many good ones. I grew up in a Catholic orphange and can tell you that none of the children were abused as far as I can remember.

Top
#13013 - 02/15/06 11:12 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Philege Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 12/30/04
Posts: 184
Loc: United Kingdom
Hate is hate is hate. You seemingly are consumed by it. Draw a line with a pencil if you wish ... but I expect to be reading about you in the newspaper given your inability to control yourself.
Now what is this suppose to mean, would you go that far Mr. Morgan.

Top
#13014 - 02/16/06 03:34 AM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Anonymous
Unregistered


Quote:
Originally posted by Philege:

Another bunch of fibs, recently the Jehovahs Witnesses had a terrible scandal involving child abuse which made the Catholics look like saints, what about the Mormon Church, one cannot count the number of child abuses which took place within that church from it's inception. ...
Do you have any references to back up these contentions, or are you just blowing out? Please post any references you have to these statements as I know from prior experience you tend to overstate your position rather egregiously.

Top
#13015 - 02/16/06 10:37 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Chris Maxwell Offline
Member

Registered: 10/10/05
Posts: 26
Loc: UK
Just to back up philege, check out these sites


pressbox.co.uk/detailed/Society/Jehovah_Witnesses_Child_Abuse_Scandal... - 11k

Top
#13016 - 02/16/06 10:40 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Chris Maxwell Offline
Member

Registered: 10/10/05
Posts: 26
Loc: UK

Top
#13017 - 02/16/06 10:42 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Chris Maxwell Offline
Member

Registered: 10/10/05
Posts: 26
Loc: UK

Top
#13018 - 02/16/06 10:44 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Chris Maxwell Offline
Member

Registered: 10/10/05
Posts: 26
Loc: UK

Top
#13019 - 02/16/06 10:46 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Chris Maxwell Offline
Member

Registered: 10/10/05
Posts: 26
Loc: UK

Top
#13020 - 02/16/06 10:47 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Chris Maxwell Offline
Member

Registered: 10/10/05
Posts: 26
Loc: UK
If those are not enough, let me know, I'll did up hundreds more articles, that will make you puke!

Top
#13021 - 02/16/06 10:49 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Chris Maxwell Offline
Member

Registered: 10/10/05
Posts: 26
Loc: UK
I guess you owe poor philege an apology Aramanth Rose! The guy is not so dumb as you guys make him out to be. A lot of what he says carries weight that's for sure!

Top
#13022 - 02/16/06 10:54 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Chris Maxwell Offline
Member

Registered: 10/10/05
Posts: 26
Loc: UK
I guess once you've been through this pile of evidence in support of Philege, you will realise just what he means when he says that these make the Catholics look like saints. Whatyathink Mr. D.A. Morgan!

Top
#13023 - 02/17/06 02:47 AM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Anonymous
Unregistered


Thank you for providing substance to back up Philege's claims. It would seem the Mormon and Jehovah's Witnesses have similar problems to the Catholic Church. Does that mean that Protestant denominations or Islam are any safer? I doubt it. Any religious structure that suppports male dominance and ingrained "respect for elders" is likely to find itself with the same problems, I fear.

Teach your kids to think for themselves, and teach them respect for their own bodies, if you want to fight child abuse. Child abuse stops one child at a time. Teach your kids about inappropriate behavior before they encounter it. Even leaving them with a babysitter can be dangerous.

Top
#13024 - 02/17/06 05:08 AM Re: Proof that God did not create life
DA Morgan Offline
Megastar

Registered: 10/17/04
Posts: 4136
Loc: Seattle, WA
Rose you were a biologist at one time?

The Watchtower is substance?
A web site hosted by a near-cult relgious group is substance?
But I think I get your point.

Any church that teaches male supremacy by word or deed is fatally flawed. Any church that does not encourage open-ended learning is fatally flawed. Any church that teaches what is unprovable dogma is fatally flawed.

But a decent review of the teachings of the present day Catholic Church only support the fact that Philege isn't one of them.
_________________________
DA Morgan

Top
#13025 - 02/17/06 08:50 AM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Anonymous
Unregistered


Fatally flawed and inciting to riot, in my opinion. The kind of behavior I've seen on this forum regarding religion makes me afraid to leave my house. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of men who believe so strongly in the superiority of their faith and the incorrectness of all other beliefs. I'll stay here in my nice safe cage, thank you very much, where I can observe without danger of confronting people like that.

Amaranth

Top
#13026 - 02/17/06 07:00 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Philege Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 12/30/04
Posts: 184
Loc: United Kingdom
Fatally flawed and inciting to riot, in my opinion. The kind of behavior I've seen on this forum regarding religion makes me afraid to leave my house. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of men who believe so strongly in the superiority of their faith and the incorrectness of all other beliefs. I'll stay here in my nice safe cage, thank you very much, where I can observe without danger of confronting people like that.

Amaranth

Rose, I can assure you I am as harmless as a blue ass fly. Unfortunately you are right in one respect, I think that the Catholic Church is the only true Church steming from the only true religion. The only reason we tolerate other religions is because Christ taught us to love others and show compassion and understanding. However when we are faced with someone who shows absolutely NO respect for the one and only true God, who debases Him day and night on a forum such as this, I feel one has to stand up and say No. That is why Hitler succeeded in Germany, because everyone was afraid to say no to him. It is not that I am intolerent, but D. A. Morgan does'nt believe in anything, when I know 100% that there is something. So I cannot agree with him in any way, neither can I accept his insults against my God.

Top
#13027 - 02/17/06 07:06 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
Philege Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 12/30/04
Posts: 184
Loc: United Kingdom
But a decent review of the teachings of the present day Catholic Church only support the fact that Philege isn't one of them.

Well it is good to see that you are looking into the Catholic Church, perhaps you will find something. I AM a Catholic, a baptised one and you cannot take that away from me. Also it is not only that I don't agree with you but that you don't agree with me. Why don't we leave it at that, I am a Catholic, one that learns every day. Just like I am learning that there are some people who completely disregard God's existence, which I find absolutely surprising. The fact that you blow hot air out of both ends is wonder enough and prood that you were not made by chance.

Top
#13028 - 02/17/06 09:22 PM Re: Proof that God did not create life
DA Morgan Offline
Megastar

Registered: 10/17/04
Posts: 4136
Loc: Seattle, WA
Philege wrote:
"I think that the Catholic Church is the only true Church steming from the only true religion."

Why do you think this? And no this is not a rhetorical question or a trick. On what basis, looking around at the history of your church which is, to say the least sordid and bloody, and looking at all of the billions of people on this planet that are not Roman Catholic. On what basis in fact have you reached this conclusion? I sincerely would like to have you state the points, one after the other. Say the first 5 or 6. And obviously you can not point to the New Testament as it does not take sides between Catholics and Lutherans.

Philege wrote:
"Well it is good to see that you are looking into the Catholic Church"

No looking in the way you assume. Looking at the teachings of the church and juxtaposing them against what you've posted as someone who claims to adhere to the faith. What I've seen is enough to turn my stomach. You seem to be as likely a Catholic as a Osama bin Laden.

All I see in you is a fanatic. And unthinking fanatic lacking in analytical tools and sentient thinking.

Were it otherwise I would expect you would see the Pacific Ocean sized chasm separating your statements from those of the church. And the intergalactic chasm separating your behaviour from anything even remotely sanctioned by any church.
_________________________
DA Morgan

Top
#13029 - 02/18/06 05:06 AM Re: Proof that God did not create life
wrongway Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 02/17/06
Posts: 7
Loc: juno
does anyone know how to calculate the odds of randomly rolling 10 coins numbered from 1 through 10 in ascending order so they would appear like this: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10?
_________________________
confused

Top
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >



Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor
Facebook

We're on Facebook
Join Our Group

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.