I posted this elsewhere, but thought it should be here:
""
Richard, I read your posts too (eventually), but my computer is limiting my capabilities these days.
I was avoiding this thread, but even this "non-scientific" topic is introduced as a "science Letter" (I'm still lobbying for the "source" model -even if just Icons!) and called for a "study." I've been frequently surprised when these threads that I first feel are of no interest and not "scientific," turn into something that leads me to some insight, or at least are informative. At least this could be considered as social or psychological science. I do think this belongs over on a "hot topic" type forum, but that's for another day, eh? Thanks Richard for the plug (shower curtain effect thread), I agree it's hard to decide where to put things; but there may not be a way to make it perfect. I like the organic nature of it all, evolving serendipitously. So I'd vote for not killing to many threads, just let natural selection do the work.
Cheers
~samwik
""

Regretably, I'm not too familiar yet with other aspects of these fora (icons, defaults, prefs., etc.). Maybe this is already addressed and I just don't know about it, but....

I'm still surprised nobody has a comment about a "source" model for the fora. I'm hopeful that at least as icons, "source" can be worked into the threads or posts.
Thanks for listening,
~Samwik

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.