Hello Kate,

At the moment you/we have "Four different Forums Divisions"
As you say, you are ready to possibly create some new divisions, AND get rid of some old ones?

The net result is, that we/you will end up with MORE divisions than ever.

Not only more divisions....but Sub-Divisions of divisions which can and will be argued about as to which category it should be put in.

Each division now,- occupies a different page. Which many of us do not even look at...like "Origins" or "Asian Flue" etc.
Even if we did, we might decide NOT to post a reply.....since we rightly surmise that, that particular post has become days old and dead.
With a reply not expected.

My contention is:- the more divisions, the more problems (both for you and us) due to the more pages, (which can't be seen) and have to be actively viewed, before replying.

SO MY IDEA
Taking a leaf out of the old type of forum which a few of us remember....where the posting was fast and furious......is:-

Have just ONE long page, as in the old Forum.
But instead of having two rows of (un-useful letter) icons, on the extreme left side.
Allow the poster to PICK one of say ten icons
that you supply, which gives everyone the basic info as to what the posting is about.
The date on the right hand ensures everyone that the post is still alive, and worth posting to.

These icons which YOU supply (instead of smileys)
Could be minature pics:-
- Cloud/lightning - Flask/testube -Oil/power -
Planets - Televisn/Radio - Computer/chip -
Skeleton/underground - Preacher/book/Church -
Cogs/engineering - DNA/Human - Aeroplane -
Weight/Gravity - Earth/mountain - Trees -

I'm sure everyone has got the idea
In my opinion with everything on ONE page, you MUST get an INCREASE in postings, as all your dinky little icons will be there for all to see, and access, and easily read.

Oh well I tried frown frown
Keep up the good work Kate, you are ALL doing a great job. Just let me know when you've made your first million. smile

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.