Quote:
Kate:
I don't really want to go into detail here but the new software has quite a few security features. Most of which we currently have turned off but will turn on as required. We're hoping that this will be sufficient to ward off evil-doers in the future.
Well, my experience tells me it may not be as sufficient as you might think. As you well know, anyone can register, so you have averted mostly simpleton spamming robots. Which is still a good thing, securitywise

Quote:
Kate:
The lack of threading is annoying but we were willing to give that up in exchange for not having to perform constant monitoring and firefighting.
With all due respect, you are stating the obvious.My point was and still is that you don't need this trade-off. The threading is part of the code, and it might very likely be a simple process to enable it. And I am willing to spend my time to try to somehow see if the situation can be improved and how. I thought that this part was pretty clear some time ago. But I need more details, like where did you get this code from, so that I can contact them for details. If there are any privacy issues from your part regarding the source where you got the code, you can contact me privately, you have my real email.

Quote:
Kate
Open boards are like a magnet to spammers/idiots unfortunately.
I fully agree, but for the time being, you have only diverted some of the spammers and none of the idiots. And that at the expense of the quality of the board. Which very honestly, saddens me. That's why I am trying to help, but without your cooperation on the issue, it is obviously useless. So I would appreciate if you could let me know if I am wasting my time or not.