Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II

As a Biologist I can say there is a lot of mathematics that can be applied to Biology. Biology is mainly a study of populations and statistics are very useful in observing and interpreting the behavior of groups, if we are studying bacteria or mice. I'd like to know the source of your exotic mathematics, though, I could use something like that on my income tax forms.

Lol!! I can help you if you want. However, adding some exotic statistics can provide even more impressive results.

I was mainly referring to the problems of mathematics dealing with biological complexity and modeling chemical reactions. Statistics are amazing, I use a lot of it myself, but statistics are mainly a tool for answering relatively simple questions, such as yes or no. Increases or decreases? Sometimes it tries to answer more complex ones, but you can see that the more the parameters, the less reliableand precise it gets. You even have serious problems when dealing with 5 or 10 parameters simultaneously. Actually what you actually do in that case is choosing the less wrong model…
On the other hand, i don't agree with the widely cited phrase: " there are lies, more lies and statistics"..I think that they are an amazing tool but one has to be aware of its limitations