A nice philosophical idea, so now all you need to define is when the first brain actually appeared smile

So the universe isn't 13 Billion years old it's only as old as the first brain you define and you are going to call this science?

I think I prefer GOD and creation .... hmm does that mean I prefer religion over philosophy smile

Whats even cooler under this is, I can argue my brain is the only one that matters (until I exist I can't be sure any other brain was before me). The universe didn't exist till my brain was born, and history is therefore nothing more than a figment of my imagination. The converse is I made everything when my brain was born .... yes I am a GOD and invented everything.

It's fun to play around with this bit => time would simply ''vanish'' and be immaterial

That is the crux of the problem with this sort of philosophy it gives humans (AKA thought) a special role above everything else ... how very stupidly human ego.

Are they really trying to suggest a plant for example has no concept of time if an animal with a brain isn't around?

Was this a serious argument, comes out more like a plot from a Matrix movie .... Nothing exists until you do ... prove it ain't so ... Matrix 5 the sequel.

Last edited by Orac; 01/07/16 04:01 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.