Quote:
Originally posted by J. Arthur God:
Johnny Boy,

I checked out your webpage. I have to ask about a statement in the "patents" section.

"The patent covers all materials that superconduct above 200?K."

This isn't a dig, but how do you get around the subject of obviousness? Enough has been written about applications of room temperature superconductors that I would think it impossible to get a defensible patent on this.
Good question! The reason is that I have found the actual mechanism that is responsible for all types of materials and phases that superconducts by means of a current flowing through them. It is NOT BCS!! In fact BCS cannot explain superconduction and neither can it predict how one should modify a material to make it superconducting. Knowing the mechanism you can calculate the parameters that have to apply when you want to have a superconductor that must have a chosen critical temperature. One cannot claim these parameters for superconductors that have already been discovred by trial and error, because these materials already have the correct parameters. Thus we claim the paramaters that have to be optimised and the values that have to apply for superconductors that have not yet been reported in the literature: i.e. all those above 200 K. The patent claims a method to test whether a material is suitable for superconduction and how to then modify the material in order to get it to superconduct above a chosen critical temperature.

The patent also claims methods to generate superconductors that consist of entangled electrons through which other electrons can be teleported.

A short summary of the mechanism is given on my webpage. I have also written a paper and submitted it. Pasti urged me to follow the latter route, which I at first opposed. Nonetheless I started the manuscript reluctantly, and am now glad that I did write it. The paper worked out very well indeed.