Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
1)Is uncertainty a reflection of your consciousness, a state of mind or position in belief and understanding?
2)Do you see consciousness, state of mind and belief and understanding as the same thing?

They are all the same thing to me a category of "stuff" that can not be measured or tested via science.

Evidently not all those who practice science or physics as a religion are unified within a single viewpoint, experience or hold the same beliefs, nor do they think the same.

I care little what anyone thinks at all .. in GOD we trust the rest of you bring data smile

Science is not a democracy and it doesn't care what anyone thinks or for any sort of consensus or group agreement. Bill G might agree with you he likes his science consensus but it won't get you far with me. I don't blame Bill he obviously came thru a science education that taught science as an authority (they told him it was true) and he honestly believes that is how it works.

I come from a very different science world where if you want to convince or influence me show me a logical argument supported by facts. That is how my science world works and to those of my ilk, everything else is just noise and drivel. Appeal to authority and consensus and I will show you someone who obviously doesn't really understand what they are dealing with and is having to fake it.

If some scientists (and or layman) want to try to fall into the "stupid consensus hole" it is not for me to save them. Poor Max's problem is none of this garbage is falsifiable so it isn't science by definition and it doesn't matter how many he recruits in his new cult.

When Einstein first published his work on relativity there were probably under 100 people in the world who actually accepted and understood the concept. We still have scientists who don't accept the work and science doesn't care smile

Depending on your country the level of belief in evolution varies somewhere between 40% and 80%
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution

Again science doesn't care and no-one gets a vote, much as Paul would like one smile

Out with the old and in with the new. wink

Yep and that fine just don't call it science or pretend it is because it's a religion at that point smile

Enjoy your discussion as I said from a science point there isn't anything that can be discussed it's just other "stuff".

Last edited by Orac; 05/05/15 05:13 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.