Not sure I really want to join in any discussion that involves Max Tegmark, as one of his senior colleagues once said to him

Quote: "Max your crackpot papers are not helping you."

I think the whole discussion and Max Tegmark belongs in the "not quite science" section but if you must there is a more balanced writeup here

https://medium.com/the-physics-arxiv-blo...as-5e7ed624986d

I stick with the original janitor view as I am not hip enough for this new science smile

Quote: "For as long as the discipline has existed, physicists have been reluctant to discuss consciousness, considering it a topic for quacks and charlatans."

I can also guarantee you it is only spreading like wildfire thru a very specific crowd in the physics community smile

Personally Rev K I am with you, that you might as well invoke GOD at that point it makes more sense. Poor Max isn't even smart enough to work out that he just defined GOD in a different way, you immediately made the connection. It probably says volumes about your intelligence compared to poor old Max.

Last edited by Orac; 05/04/15 06:30 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.