Originally Posted By: monica1
Hiya again, so we don't see by the constant energy transmission medium having carrier signals from an object modulated onto the light and through the transmission medium to our brains?

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you are trying to ask. Obviously we see the light that enters our eyes. The rods and cones in the eye transform the light into nerve signals which the brain then interprets so that we can tell what we are seeing. The brain does not directly detect light.
Do your eyes do anything more than acting has a sensor?

The eyes are primarily detectors. I wouldn't bet that they don't have some other function, a lot of our organs manage to do something else, but their main function is to detect the light coming from the objects we see.
Is it not a circuit board on a television that decodes the information the remote sensor receives?

If you are trying to make a comparison between the television and your brain then I will say that to some small extent you are correct. The main difference between the television system and the eye brain system is that the television just recreates the pattern of light and dark that is received by the camera, it doesn't do any further processing. It basically produces a one to one representation of the scene in front of the camera. The brain does a lot more. The brain analyzes the image and assigns values to what is in the image. For example it says that is a tree, that is a car, that is a tiger. This is a much more complex process than producing a picture on a TV.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.