Originally Posted By: pokey

We may never know the answers to those questions because famed theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking
says black holes don’t actually exist. At least not in the way we’ve been taught to think about them.

"The absence of event horizons mean that there are no black holes — in the sense of regimes from which
light can't escape to infinity," Hawking writes in a new paper entitled,
"Information Preservation and Weather Forecasting for Black Holes.""

Yep he argues that in his new paper

http://arxiv.org/abs/1401.5761

In many ways I admire him because he has taken a set of logic and pushed it to the logical conclusion. I have no issues with his methodology I have real issues with the start point but it isn't worth discussing on this forum (Not having a go at people here it's just not an argument that can be simplified down to a level suitable for the forum).

As I commented in an earlier post last year Stephen Hawking is going to become a silly little man in a wheelchair or an absolute genius, unfortunately if I am right it will be the prior. There are plenty who think he may be right so let the games begin smile

Last edited by Orac; 01/27/14 01:34 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.