I should add Brian Greene defines 9 types of possible universes

1.) Quilted
The quilted multiverse works only in an infinite universe. With an infinite amount of space, every possible event will occur an infinite number of times. However, the speed of light prevents us from being aware of these other identical areas.

2.) Inflationary
The inflationary multiverse is composed of various pockets where inflation fields collapse and form new universes.

3.)Brane
The brane multiverse follows from M-theory and states that each universe is a 3-dimensional brane that exists with many others. Particles are bound to their respective branes except for gravity.

4.) Cyclic
The cyclic multiverse has multiple branes (each a universe) that collided, causing Big Bangs. The universes bounce back and pass through time, until they are pulled back together and again collide, destroying the old contents and creating them anew.

5.) Landscape
The landscape multiverse relies on string theory's Calabi–Yau shapes. Quantum fluctuations drop the shapes to a lower energy level, creating a pocket with a different set of laws from the surrounding space. Laura Mersini-Houghton has developed this theory and made five predictions in 2006, four of which have since been observed: the CMB cold spot (2007, 2013); preferred direction associated with the quadrupole, octupole alignment (2013); CMB power suppression at low multipoles (2013); dark flow (2009); and, the deviation of the CMB amplitude (2010). [14] Her theory of the origins of the universe from the landscape multiverse is not phenomenological. The theory and its predictions are derived from fundamental physics and first principles by using quantum cosmology for the wavefunction of the universe on the landscape and calculating decoherence and quantum entanglement among various surviving branches. [15]

6.) Quantum
The quantum multiverse creates a new universe when a diversion in events occurs, as in the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics.

7.) Holographic
The holographic multiverse is derived from the theory that the surface area of a space can simulate the volume of the region.

8.) Simulated
The simulated multiverse exists on complex computer systems that simulate entire universes.

9.) Ultimate
The ultimate multiverse contains every mathematically possible universe under different laws of physics.

If Bill S wants to hitch his wagon to anything outside number 6 he can have his unrelated times in his multiverse. Under all the other 8 suggestions QM is wrong and so unrelated multiverse times are fine. I think he is a quilted man smile

Last edited by Orac; 01/13/14 04:34 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.